Covering their faces: The two suspected killers of Cynthia,were parade yesterday for the media, a retired General's daughter, paraded today in Lagos.

Two murder suspects who were paraded yesterday by the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja, Echezona Nwabufor, 33, and Ezekiel Nnechuwu Olisa Eloka, 23, have narrated how they drugged Miss Cynthia Akuzogwu Udoka, 25, and strangled her in order to steal her money.

One of the suspects, Eloka, said Cynthia was killed because they thought she had a lot of money in her possession. But after the cruelty act, they did not find a reasonable amount of money on her.

According to the suspects, "we met her on the facebook on our Blackberry. We invited her to come to Lagos to buy goods at cheap prices.

"When she got to Lagos, we took her to a hotel in Festac. We thought she had a lot of money, but she said she didn't have any money. We gave her Reflon tablet in her Ribena drink. After this, we slept with her for 12 hours in that hotel,and also had sex with her, we discovered that the tablet did not work quickly on her.

"We then attacked her, tied her up and used cello tape to cover her mouth. After that, we beat her to tell us where she kept the money.

"When we didn't get any money from her, we tied her mouth and strangled her and then we abandoned her in the hotel and fled."

The suspects and the deceased became friends on Facebook and were exchanging messages and phone calls.

She told them she was coming to Lagos. They met her at Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja from where they ushered her into a hotel in Festac town, Lagos.

How the suspects were arrested

REPORTNAIJA reliably gathered that after the murder,  the killers deleted all information and chats with the deceased from their facebook. But, along the line, the deceased phone was  dialed and one of the suspects reportedly answered. When  the call log was checked from the service provider, the receiver was traced to Festac Town in the Amuwo-Odofin Local Government Area.

Again, the Close Circuit Television stationed in the hotel was said to have revealed identities of the killers following which two of them  were arrested and their confessional statement led to the arrest of others.

During interrogation, the suspects reportedly confessed to have bought the drugs with which they drugged Cynthia's drink  from a pharmacist, thereby leading  to his arrest. It was at this point that her family was reportedly  contacted.

REPORTNAIJA reliably gathered that during investigation, the two undergraduates, whose identities could not be ascertained,  confessed to have killed Cynthia.

ACP Okoro stated that many ATM cards, about 23 SIM cards, different identity cards were recovered from the suspects.

They also reportedly confessed to belong to a syndicate which specialized in luring unsuspecting  rich women with the aim of dispossessed them of their belongings, particularly cash.

The late Cynthia, as gathered, was not their first victim, as they were said to have confessed to the police that she was their sixth victim.

Police sources said the two suspects will soon be arraigned in court to answer a charge of murder.

Meanwhile, the late Cynthia's best friend, Aishatu Ene Ella, has paid a glowing tribute to the deceased.

She said: "In the last few days, I have seen my heart torn, stripped and broken into pieces, first by the disappearance and death of my dearest friend and secondly by the wickedness exhibited by Nigerians passing judgment on someone they never knew or met."

What more can we say but RIP to her, and thanks to God our communication system is now working perfectly, and to the Nigeria Police force God bless you for a job well done.
Finally to everyone who cares to hear don't run after strangers or else you will regret your actions. There are lessons to learn from this event,hope your eyes are opened.

Follow me on twitter
make money online
follow the link below

share the link please