Exclusive-Interview | Lifestyle | Music | Video | Articles | Sports | Education | Editorial | Business | Events | Prediction | Sermon | Stories |

  • Generator Fume Kills Entire Family in Bayelsa
  • The people of Ogbia community in Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State has been thrown into mourning as a result of the death of five persons from generator fumes and fire outbreak.

    Punch Metro reports that on Thursday, a family of three, comprising a man, his wife and child, died after inhaling fumes from a generator.

    Their corpses were reportedly discovered three days after their deaths following offensive odour that emanated from their decomposing bodies.

    A dweller in the community said

        The entire family slept on Sunday. There was no sign of them till Wednesday afternoon when we started smelling foul odour from their house.

        The odour was saturating the entire neighbourhood and it got us curious. The family always kept to themselves and that was why nobody discovered them on time. Toxic gas from a generator killed them. They must have inhaled it while sleeping. We called the police.

    Confirming the incident, the police identified the deceased family’s name as Ibieneye Tubotamuno.

    Police Public Relations Officer, Bayelsa State Command, Mr. Asinim Butswat, said bodies of the victims were discovered at about 3.50pm on Wednesday following distress calls to the police by people of the area.

    The policemen forced the door open and discovered the dead bodies of Ibieneye Tubotamuno, male, 34 – Jennifer Asiagbuladia, female, 30 – and Goodluck Tubotamuno, boy, 8.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment