Exclusive-Interview | Lifestyle | Music | Video | Articles | Sports | Education | Editorial | Business | Events | Prediction | Sermon | Stories |

  • 2006 GUS winner, Hector Joberteh, would have survived if he received quick medical attention- Neighbor
  • Hector Joberteh
    Last Sunday, we were hit with report of death of 2006 Gulder Ultimte Search Winner, Hector Joberteh, who was reportedly shot at close range by suspects believed to be assassins who traced him from Murtala Mohammed International Airport where he had gone to pick up his younger brother, to his home at Phillip Majekodunmi estate in New Oko-Aba, Agege area of Lagos.
    Though 3 suspects have been arrested in connection to the killing, however late Hector’s neighbour, who spoke to LIB also disclosed that Hector’s father was also shot in the hand during the attack, while further revealing that Hector was rushed to the hospital but he was not attended to for over an hour and died afterward.
    Here’s the neighbour’s account;
    “It happened around 7.05 to 7.20am. I was preparing to go to church so I went to the bathroom to have my bath and I got to realize that my bathroom was dark so I decided to shift the curtain. So I saw two men walking. I poured water on my body and then I heard a gunshot. When I heard the gunshot I asked my friend in my room what the sound was. He said it wasn’t in the compound. Then I continued having my bath. I had the second gunshot and I ran out of the bathroom. My Friend now said it was a robbery attack.
    Someone came in and told me that the men have taken my sister along. So I ran out but I realized that I was not putting on a towel. I ran back into my room to put on my boxers. I came out and met my sister outside. She is asthmatic. She was already having an attack. I was scared and I tried to calm her. She told me that they shot somebody upstairs. So I ran upstairs. Getting upstairs, we tried to rescue him (Hector). We brought him downstairs and rushed him to the hospital. When we got to the hospital, he wasn’t dead. He had no quick response. They shot him and his father. He was shot on his right chest while his father was shot in his hand. He wasn’t dead before we got to the hospital but he never had a quick response. So that was when he gave up”.
    Continuing, the neighbor said “The police at Oko Oba division responded immediately when they heard of the incident but it was late already when they came. We were preparing to take him to the morgue when they came”.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment